FRESH HERB CHEESE SPREAD
This dip is addictive with fresh
- 8 ounces cream cheese or goat cheese at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons butter at room temperature
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh herbs: parsley cilantro, chives, basil
- ¼ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Fresh pepper to taste
- Flowers / herbs to garnish optional
Gather the ingredients.
Finely chop the garlic and fresh herbs and set aside.
Add the softened cheese, butter and chopped garlic to the bowl of your food processor. Pulse until well combined.
Add the finely chopped fresh herbs and sea salt. Pulse a few times to combine evenly. Taste the mixture and season with fresh pepper and more salt if needed.
Scrape cheese mixture into a small bowl or glass jar. For best flavor, refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving. Mixture will keep in the refrigerator for 5 days.
To serve: garnish with fresh herbs or flowers. Serve with crackers, toast points, fresh veggies.
Makes about 1-¼ cups.
Nutritional analysis per 2 tablespoons: 120 calories, 2 grams protein, 1 gram carbohydrates, 12 grams fat, 180 mg. sodium, less than 1 gram fiber.