WILD BLUEBERRY FRUIT SAUCE
A tasty jar of Wild Blueberry Fruit Sauce in your
refrigerator is a dessert waiting to happen!
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2/3 cups sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pound wild Maine blueberries
- ½ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoons lemon juice
1. In a small bowl, mix the 2 tablespoons cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water to make a slurry.
2. Place sugar, cinnamon, salt, ½ cup water and slurry into saucepot, stir until smooth, cooking over medium heat.
3. Stir in the wild blueberries. Simmer until the mixture thickens. Reduce heat, add in vanilla extract and lemon juice, and mix well. Taste and adjust seasoning.