Enjoy this healthy and delicious salad with ground beef, lamb or turkey
- 1 pound ground meat (beef lamb, turkey), divided into four patties
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes cut into wedges
- 1 cup grated carrot or pea shoots
- 2 ounces crumbled Feta Cheese
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- sea salt and fresh pepper to taste
Preheat your grill and portion the ground meat into patties. Set aside.
Line four plates with the salad greens. Sprinkle the top of the greens with the chopped red onion and pea shoots. Arrange the tomato wedges around the greens.
To prepare the dressing, whisk together the lemon juice, white wine vinegar, and grainy mustard. Slowly whisk in the olive oil and chopped parsley. Season to taste with sea salt and fresh pepper.
Grill the burgers to a minimum internal temperature of 155 degrees. Place a burger on top of each salad. Sprinkle with the crumbled feta cheese and drizzle with the dressing.
Makes four salads.
Nutritional analysis per salad (varies with meat): 371 calories, 24 grams protein, 10 grams carbohydrates, 26 grams fat, 355 mg. sodium, 3 grams fiber.