This colorful and tasty salad is a nutritional powerhouse.
Beet Salad stores well in the refrigerator for several days.
- 1 pound beets
- 2 tablespoons lemon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- sea salt and fresh pepper to taste
Peel the beets. Grate into a large bowl, or using a sharp knife or mandolin, cut the beets into matchstick sized pieces.
Mix well with the dressing ingredients and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
For the best flavor, store in the refrigerator for several hours. Allow to come to room temperature before eating.
Makes four servings.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 78 calories, 1.5 grams protein, 10 grams carbohydrates, 4 grams fat, 119 mg. sodium, 2.1 grams fiber. Good source of folate.