Spinach & Sausage Quiche
You’ll never miss the crust in this easy to prepare quiche. For a festive brunch, enjoy with cinnamon rolls and a salad tossed with wild blueberry dressing.
- 1 cup artisan Maine ricotta*
- 1 cup frozen spinach drained & chopped
- ½ pound garlic sausage* cooked, crumbled & fat drained
- 8 eggs
- 2 ounces artisan Maine feta*
- ¼ cup milk
- Fresh pepper to taste
- Butter to grease pan
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Generously butter a glass quiche pan: 10 inches in diameter by at least 2 inches deep.
Layer the ricotta on the bottom of the pan. Drain the spinach and finely chop. Sprinkle over the top of the ricotta cheese. Cook the sausage in a fry pan until just brown on the outside. Drain the fat. Crumble and sprinkle over the pan. In a small bowl, beat the eggs with the milk. Season with fresh pepper. Pour over the ricotta mixture. Sprinkle the feta cheese over the top. Bake until the quiche is set, about 40 minutes.
Let set for 5 minutes before slicing. Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 247 calories, 18 grams protein, 4 grams carbohydrates, 18 grams fat, 462 mg. sodium, 1 gram fiber. Bonus: good source of Vitamins B6, B12, A & K.
* Whenever possible, I’m partial to local, artisan cheeses and sausages produced by our friends and neighbors. We love the cheeses from Appleton Creamery and Tide Mill Farm. Poland Family Farm, Old Ackley Farm are our favorite sausage makers.