Maine Lobster and Bean Salad
This colorful and delicious salad is an easy summer meal to prepare with extra cooked lobster meat. The salad stores for up to 2 days in the refrigerator. Allow to come to room temperature before serving.
- 1 pound cooked lobster meat
- 1 cup whole kernel corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1 1/2 cup cooked white beans one 19 ounce can
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 4 scallions, julienne
- 2 ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 6 cups salad greens to line the plates
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Asian Lemongrass Dressing
Cut the lobster meat into a large dice and place in large mixing bowl. Rinse the beans and add to the bowl. Add the corn, garlic, tomatoes, scallions, parsley and red pepper. Pour over the dressing and gently mix. Season to taste with sea salt and fresh pepper. To serve, line plates with salad greens, arrange salad on plates and garnish with chive blossoms.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 264 calories, 22 grams protein, 23 grams carbohydrates, 10 grams fat, (0 grams trans fat), 308 mg. Sodium, 5 grams fiber
*Five pounds of lobster in the shell yields about 1 pound of cooked lobster meat.