WILD BLUEBERRY ROSEMARY SORBET
This intensely flavored sorbet makes a refreshing dessert or the perfect taste-changer in an elegant meal
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary branches
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 cups frozen Maine wild blueberries
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the water and sugar, stirring well. Add the sprigs of rosemary branches.
- Cook until the mixture becomes simple syrup and the rosemary is fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain the mixture. Stir in the fresh lime juice.
- Add the rosemary simple syrup to the wild blueberries.
- Puree in a blender until smooth. Refrigerate the mixture until cold. Freeze the sorbet according to the directions of your ice cream maker.
- Eat and store the remainder in the freezer.
Makes 1 quart; 16 - ¼ cup servings Nutritional analysis per serving: 67 calories, less than 1 gram protein, 17 grams carbohydrates, less than 1 gram fat, 1 mg. sodium, 1 gram fiber