WILD BLUEBERRY BREAKFAST BARS
These delicious bars make a healthy breakfast snack. Enjoy them topped with coconut ice cream for dessert!
- ¼ pound butter at room temperature
- 1 cup whole grain flour
- 1¼ cups oats
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1½ cups Wild Blueberry Fruit Sauce
- 1½ cups frozen wild blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch x 13-inch pan with spray or butter.
- In a mixer fitted with the large paddle attachment, mix the whole grain flour, oats, sugars, and butter until large clumps form. Transfer two thirds of the mixture to the prepared pan and press down to make crust.
- Spread the Wild Blueberry Fruit Sauce over the prepared crust.
- Sprinkle the frozen Wild Blueberries over the Sauce.
- Sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture on top.
- Bake in oven for 35 – 45 minutes. (Checking at 20 minutes) Let cool completely before cutting into bars.
Yield: 12 servings (each 2 inches square) Nutritional analysis per bar: 179 calories, 3 grams protein, 32 grams carbohydrates, (17 grams sugar), 5 grams fat, 40 mg. sodium, 4 grams fiber For a food service sized recipe, visit www.wildblueberries.com