PUMPKIN SNACK CAKES
These tasty cakes are low in sugar and packed with fiber. My motto: any cake enjoyed before 9 AM is technically a muffin!
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar brown or white
- 2 eggs
- 1 jar Pumpkin Maple Butter
- 1 ½ cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
- In the bowl of your mixer, cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs. Add the pumpkin maple butter and beat well to combine.
- Add flour, baking soda and chocolate chips. Stir to combine. Spoon into pan. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Let cool on a rack.
Makes 12 snack cakes. Nutritional analysis per snack cake: 195 calories, 4 grams protein, 22 grams carbohydrates, 11 grams fat, 180 mg. sodium, 3 grams fiber. * If no Pumpkin Maple Butter: substitute: 1 ½ cups pumpkin puree, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 tablespoon lemon juice