Pumpkin Maple Waffles
These tasty waffles are packed with nutrients and fiber. Serve with sautéed apple slices for a hearty brunch.
- 1 cup Aroostook 4 Grain Pancake & Waffle Mix *
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Maple Butter
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup milk
- Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites. In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Set aside.
- Without washing your eggbeater, in a large bowl, beat together the egg yolks, Pumpkin Maple Butter and ¾ cup milk.
- Stir in one cup of Aroostook Four Grain Pancake & Waffle Mix.
- Gently fold in the beaten egg whites.
- Spoon mixture into a pre-heated waffle iron and bake until crisp and golden.
- Serve with Maine maple syrup.
* May substitute 1 cup conventional pancake mix, or 1 cup flour and 1 teaspoon baking powder