PETER RABBIT SMOOTHIE
Wild Blueberry, Strawberry & Carrot Great source of fiber and nutrients! Tastes like candy!
- 1½ cup frozen strawberries with their juice
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Maine maple syrup
- 1 medium carrot cut into chunks, about ¾ cup
- 1 cup frozen wild Maine blueberries
- Add ingredients to the bowl of your blender.
- Process until smooth.
- Pour into 2 glasses and enjoy!
Chef Cheryl’s notes: Every spring, wild rabbits nibble away at the first tender shoots of plants in the gardens here at Rabbit Hill. Fronds of baby carrots, new leaves on the strawberry plants, crocuses, radish shoots; nothing green escapes them. This smoothie is dedicated to all foragers, including rabbits! Makes 2 servings. Nutritional analysis per serving: 224 calories, 5.5 grams protein, 43 grams carbohydrates, 5 grams fat, 93 mg. sodium, 6 grams fiber