- 4½ cups water
- 3 tablespoons yeast
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Sea salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Approx. 15 cups whole wheat flour, Aroostook*
- 6 cups chopped tomato (if canned drain juice)
- 6 cups seasonal veggies*
- 4 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese grated
- 2 cups ½low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons dried basil
- garlic salt and fresh pepper to taste
- corn meal for dusting sheet pan
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, finely chopped onion, spices and set aside.
- Prepare the seasonal veggies. Roll out the pizza dough and fit the dough on a sheet pan dusted with cornmeal. Lightly brush dough with olive oil. Spread the chopped tomato, then the cheese mixture and top with the prepared seasonal veggies. Bake until bottom is brown and topping heated.
- Cut into 25 slices and serve.
Nutritional analysis per serving (approximate, varies with veggies): 375 calories, 18 grams protein, 53 grams carbohydrates, 12 grams fat, 906 mg. sodium, 8 grams fiber. USDA School Lunch Guidelines: 3 ounces whole grain, ½ cup veggies, ½ dairy serving Seasonal Ingredient Suggestions MAY/JUNE: chopped greens (spinach, kale), asparagus JULY/AUGUST: broccoli, eggplant, greens, peppers, leeks, onions, tomatoes, summer squash SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER: broccoli, leeks, onions, peppers, summer squash, tomatoes NOVEMBER/DECEMBER: leeks, onions, greens, carrots JANUARY/APRIL: leeks, onions, grated roots Aroostook wheat is available all year.