Maine Lobster Pizza
with Genovese Basil Pasta & Pizza Sauce
- 20 ounces pizza dough
- cornmeal for sprinkling pan
- olive oil
- 2/3 cup Genovese Basil Pasta & Pizza Sauce
- 8 ounces cooked Maine lobster meat cut into bite-sized pieces
- 8 ounces fresh Mozzarella thinly slice or goat cheese at room temperature
- 2 ounces Parmesan Reggiano cheese grated
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 430 degrees.
- Portion the dough into 2 pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece into a 6 to 8 inch circle. Let the dough rest for a few minutes, then go back and roll each piece into a 10 to 12 inch circle. (It will be thin.)
- Place the dough on a cookie sheet or pizza pan that has been dusted with cornmeal. Brush the top of the dough with olive oil.
- Spread about 1/3 cup of sauce over each piece of the dough. Arrange the lobster over the top.
- Then arrange the cheese over the top, season with fresh pepper and if desired, drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake the pizzas for 8 to 10 minutes, until the crust is brown and the cheese is bubbly. Cut into wedges and serve immediately.