Hot and Sour Soup
This is a quick and easy recipe for hot and sour soup, which can easily be made for vegans. Add other vegetables as you like!
- 6 cups chicken stock or miso
- 14 ounces Maine shrimp or lobster, cut into bite-sized pieces (may use tofu)
- 12 ounces button mushrooms, trimmed & thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Asian Lemongrass Dressing
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce (optional)
- chopped cilantro for garnish
- In a soup pot on top of the stove, simmer the stock with the mushrooms until they start to cook. Add the Asian Lemongrass Dressing and fish sauce. If using cooked lobster or shrimp, add at the last minute. Taste the soup for hotness, adding more sauce, or sugar if needed.
- Ladle into soup bowls and serve garnished with chopped cilantro.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 13 grams protein, 2.6 grams carbohydrates, .8 grams fat