One of our signature products, a jar of Apple Maple Butter should be in everyone’s pantry. To prepare it, we simmer Empire or Liberty apples with Barbour Farm apple juice and organic Maine maple syrup, then lightly season the butter with spices.
Our family says it , “Tastes just like apple pie in a jar!”.
Slather Apple Maple Butter on toast, or cook up a Rustic Apple Tart.
Apple Maple Tart
- 1 in sheet puff pastry at room temperature* available frozen section of market
- Flour for dusting
- 5 - 6 apples peeled and cut into chunks (try Belle de Boskoop or Northern Spy)
- 1 cup Apple Maple Butter 1 jar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Peel and cut the apples into a large bowl. Stir in the apple maple butter and coat completely.
- Butter a sheet pan or large round pan (at least 10inches) Roll out the puff pastry on a well-floured surface to become a bit more circular, and transfer to the pan. Spread the apple mixture on the puff pastry. Gently turn up the edges, squeezing together as necessary to hold the filling in place and form a tart.
- Place on a cookie pan and bake until the puff pastry is golden brown, about 50 minutes. (Time varies with the apple variety) Serve warm or at room temperature. Makes eight servings.