EASY BLACK BEAN TACOS WITH WILD BLUEBERRY DIPPING SAUCE
Enjoy these delicious tacos for a quick lunch Serve with applesauce and roasted squash for supper
- 6 5 ½ inch corn tortillas
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- ½ cup frozen corn kernels defrosted
- Dash of red chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1½ cups chopped cabbage or cabbage salad mix
- ¾ cup Wild Blueberry Dipping Sauce
- In a medium bowl, mix together the black beans, chopped garlic, corn, red chili flakes and lime juice. Taste and correct the seasonings.
- To serve: Heat the corn tortillas (wrapped in damp towel in the oven or in a hot fry pan) and heat the black bean mixture.
- Top each warm tortilla with black bean mixture, then top with cabbage. Drizzle Wild Blueberry Dipping Sauce over each taco.
- Chef Cheryl’s notes: Adding cubes of roasted butternut squash to the black bean mixture is also delicious!
Makes six tacos. 23 grams carbohydrates, 1 gram fat, 82 mg. sodium, 5 grams fiber.