Deep Dish Caponata Pizza
- 10 ounces pizza dough
- 3/4 cup coarsely grated Swiss or provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 jar Pasta and Pizza Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lightly oil an 8-inch by 1 ½ inch deep pan. Toss the three cheeses together and set aside. Roll out the dough into a 12 inch circle. Using your fingertips, stretch the dough until it covers the bottom and sides of the pan. Scatter half of the cheese mixture evenly over the crust. Spread the Caponata in an even layer over the cheese. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake until the cheese and crust are golden brown and the edge is bubbling, about 30 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before cutting. Makes one 8-inch pizza, 6 slices.
* use ½ package purchased pizza dough or ½ of Bread Machine Pizza Dough