CHICKEN SATAYS WITH WILD BLUEBERRY PEANUT DIPPING SAUCE
Delicious with beef or turkey also!
FOR THE WILD BLUEBERRY PEANUT DIPPING SAUCE:
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- ¼ cup chopped red onion 1 small onion
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup water
- ½ cup Wild Blueberry Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup frozen or fresh wild Maine blueberries
FOR THE CHICKEN SATAYS:
- 1 pound boneless chicken meat
- 1 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- ½ cup dry white wine or mirin
WILD BLUEBERRY PEANUT DIPPING SAUCE
- Heat the oil in a medium fry pan. Add the chopped onion and garlic, cooking until soft.
- Stir in the finely grated ginger.
- Add the peanut butter, water, Wild Blueberry Dipping Sauce and wild Maine blueberries.
- Cook and stir until warm and well blended.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Combine the marinade ingredients in a bowl, add the chicken and marinate for at least one hour or overnight in the refrigerator.
- TO SERVE: Heat the grill or a large fry pan. Skewer the chicken pieces.
- Cook over medium-high heat until nicely browned and the interior registers 165 degrees on a meat thermometer.
- Serve with bowls of Wild Blueberry Peanut Dipping Sauce