These nutritional and nifty pockets can easily be tucked into a lunch box. To make them a meal, serve with a green salad and fruit for dessert.
- 1 ½ cups chopped broccoli
- 1 ½ cup Genovese Basil Pasta & Pizza Sauce
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese grated
- 2/3 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 20 ounces whole-wheat pizza dough purchase in supermarket
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees. Divide the pizza dough into 6 equal-sized pieces. Dust the counter with flour and roll each piece of dough into a circle about 8 inches in diameter. In a medium bowl, combine the chopped broccoli, Pasta & Pizza Sauce, mozzarella cheese, and ricotta cheese. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Divide the filling mixture into six portions. Place each portion on half of the circle of the six pieces of dough. Fold the dough over and pinch the edges to seal. Make 2 slits in the top to allow the steam to escape. Place on baking sheets and bake until they are golden brown, about 12 – 15 minutes. Serve. Makes six calzones.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 379 calories, 18 grams protein, 53 grams carbohydrates, 12 grams fat (0 grams trans fat), 906 mg. sodium, 8 grams fiber. Bonus: 45% RDA of Vitamin C, 29% RDA of calcium, 32% RDA of Vitamin K.