Black Bean Sweet Potato Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into medium dice (about 1 cup)
- 1 jar Black Bean Salsa
- 1 cup cooked chopped chicken or turkey
- 1 cup water, vegetable stock or chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (to taste)
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- In a heavy soup pot, heat the oil and add the onions, peppers, kale, and sweet potato. Sweat for 2 – 3 minutes, until the onions become soft and translucent.
- Add the Black Bean Salsa, stock, and cooked chicken. Simmer until the sweet potatoes have softened, about 15 minutes. Season to taste with sea salt, fresh pepper and chili powder.